DAUGHTERS OF VIRTUE AND EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVE (DOVENET).
Location: Ebonyi State
Daughters of Virtue & Empowerment Initiative (DOVENET); is an independent, non-profit organization working in Nigeria. The organization was established in year 2000 registered with CAC in the year 2005, with the vision to see a society where all individuals are empowered to contribute towards growth and development irrespective of gender. DOVENET works with women and young people to make them confident contributors to development. DOVENET is also in consultative status with United Nations ECOSOC since 2018.
Position and Duration: DOVENET is seeking to engage qualified and experienced applicants for the position of M&E Officer for a period of one year (1)
The scope of work and responsibilities include:
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Lead routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is kept for further data analysis and action planning.
- Participate in quality of intervention monitoring and mentoring together with stakeholders and other project staff while ensuring the availability of data for assessing program quality.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, and datasets, among others.
- Submit to the Program Manager Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field.
- Conduct capacity building and mentorship to field and facility staff on M&E components.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff to prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from Project Lead
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and assessment reports.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s MEAL standards including the deep dive analysis in field sites.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and frequent use of data for program improvement.
- Lead the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision-making.
- Key in data from source documents into computer files/DHIS
- Retrieve data from the DHIS database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Monitor and mentor facility staff on data collection and handling.
Required Qualification for M&E Assistant
- BSc. or HND in related Development studies, social sciences, etc., with at least two years working experience in a similar role
- Minimum of two years experience on MEAL in the field of development
- Working knowledge of Ebonyi State and the LGAs
- Excellent communication, reporting and writing skills in English and Igbo languages.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand the local dialects of Ebonyi State communities.
- Effective team working.
- Ability to collect data from the selected facilities
- Ability to manage, track and report on program data; proficiency with Excel and other analytical software in monitoring and analyzing data.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including familiarity with writing funder reports, SOPs, and other program management documents.
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs
- Excellent critical thinking skills; writing and analytical skills ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data collection tools.
- Excellent computer operational knowledge (MS Office and other basic tools).
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet strict deadlines and M&E needs.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn and take on new tasks.
- Ability to create a database with many figures accurately/without mistakes.
- Knowledge of malaria, GBV, and fistula issues in the state will be an added advantage.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should submit an application letter and CV as a single Word document to: email@example.com or to DOVENET Office at No 3 Ifitedunu Street, Okpaugwu, Abakaliki not later than 4 pm, August 4th, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PS: Use APPLICATION FOR M&E OFFICER 2023 as the subject of mail.