DAUGHTERS OF VIRTUE AND EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVE (DOVENET).
Location: Ebonyi State
Background: Daughters of Virtue & Empowerment Initiative (DOVENET); is an independent, non-profit organization working in Nigeria. The organization was established in the year 2000 and registered with CAC in the year 2005, with the vision to see a society where all individuals are empowered to contribute towards growth and development irrespective of gender. DOVENET works with women and young people to make them confident contributors to development. DOVENET is also in consultative status with United Nations ECOSOC since 2018.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities: DOVENET is seeking to engage qualified applicants for the position of M&E Assistant.
Responsibilities/Key Deliverables: The scope of work and responsibilities include:
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Participate in quality of intervention monitoring and mentoring with stakeholders while ensuring data availability for assessing program quality.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, and datasets, among others.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field and facility staff in M&E.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff in preparing periodic high-quality reports.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of the project’s MEAL standards including the deep dive analysis in field sites.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Support the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision-making.
- Key in data from source documents into computer files/DHIS
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation Monitor and mentor facility staff on data collection and handling.
Duration of Assignment: The duration of the work will be for one (1) year.
Required Qualification for M&E Assistant
- BSc or HND in related Development studies, social sciences, etc., with at least 1-year working experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 1-year experience on MEAL in the field of development
- Working knowledge of Ebonyi State and the LGAs
- Excellent communication, reporting, and writing skills in English and Igbo languages.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand the local dialects of Ebonyi State communities.
- Effective team working.
- Ability to collect data from the selected facilities
- Ability to manage, track and report on program data; proficiency with Excel in monitoring and analyzing data.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including familiarity with writing funder reports, SOPs, and other program management documents.
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs
- Excellent critical thinking skills; writing and analytical skills ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of Electronic Data collection tools.
- Excellent computer operational knowledge (MS Office and other basic tools).
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet strict deadlines and M&E needs.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn and take on new tasks.
- Ability to create a database with many figures accurately/without mistakes.
- Knowledge of GBV, fistula, and malaria issues in the state will be an added advantage.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should submit an application letter and CV as a single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to DOVENET Office at No 3 Ifitedunu Street, Okpaugwu, Abakaliki not later than 4 pm, April 7, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information please visit our website: www.dovenetng.org. DOVENET is an equal-opportunity employer.
PS: Use Application for M&E Assistant 2023 as the subject of the mail.